Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Red-necked Nightjars (Caprimulgus ruficollis)

They are back in the Algarve - yesterday evening, just after sunset, 3-4 Ind. were singing at my "home patch" here next to Faro for a while - but not yet continuously. In one or two weeks time they will be singing here right out of my front door. That is also where I heard my first Golden Oriole, Bee-eaters and Common Cuckoo this year - sitting at the desk, door open - it's nice here !

Little and Tawny Owls were active, too and earlier, at the Golf course lake, I got good views of Great Reed Warbler singing and a total of 3 male Little Bittern displaying and fighting each other within a hardly 100m range around the hide.

Photo of the species (link)

Poster about the migration of the species (Spanish)

Distribution-map of the species


Moulting in Red-necked Nightjars

No comments:

Post a Comment